Friday, May 27, 2011

In the Beginning

What a surprise it was to us all when I went for an ultrasound in early February and found out that baby I was expecting was not only fine, but there were actually two babies. I never expected to have twins. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry. After all, we had just purchased a new 3 bedroom home in Kelowna. Where were we going to store 5 kids. As we contemplated the fact that we were expecting 2 more precious bundles we became increasingly excited - and I became increasingly sick. I was told the babies were fraternal twin and we optimistically expected one boy and one girl (we really wanted Breya to have a little sister). Secretly, I wished for identical twin girls, but realized that this would not be the case.

We began to prepare our minds and our hearts for these sweet babies and felt undeservedly lucky. Still I felt cautious about my pregnancy and a little uncomfortable admitting it to others. Doctors reassured me that I was in for an exciting by likely uneventful pregnancy.

With a knee injury hampering my athletic pursuits, my focus turned to a busy year of moving and pregnancy to occupy my mind and my hands.

Having successfully endured a house sale and purchase, a 3 month period alone with my kids as Brendon started his new job in Kelowna, and a stressful move into our current rental home I felt the dust had finally settled. We felt we had managed a smooth transition into our new lives. I was ready to hunker down for the remainder of this pregnancy and enjoy a warm(??) Okanagan summer meeting new friends and trying new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment